Former Special Branch (SB) deputy director Abdul Hamid Bador is incensed over his transfer to the Prime Minister's Department.
Abdul Hamid, who has been with the police for 37 years, received his letter of transfer yesterday.
However, he does not know the reason for this.
"I don't know why I was transferred. Maybe they don't want me to be there," a livid Abdul Hamid told Malaysiakini.
"With regard to my transfer, you have to ask the IGP (Khalid Abu Bakar), because it was him who confirmed the letter of transfer," he added.
Pressed further, Abdul Hamid said he was actually "fine" with being transferred anywhere.
"I'm okay, I have no problem, anywhere. Don't ask me why I was transferred, you should ask them. I don't want to speculate," he said.
Asked whether his transfer had anything to do with Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak, he said: "No comment".
When contacted, Khalid (photo) confirmed Abdul Hamid was transferred to the Prime Minister's Department but did not elaborate.
Meanwhile, Abdul Hamid said he officially resigned from his post this morning but has yet to decide to whether to take up the posting at the Prime Minister's Department.
"I haven't accepted the position. I only resigned from my previous post this morning," he said.
This is the latest change to take place within the SB in recent weeks after Mohamad Fuzi Harun replaced Akhil Bulat as SB director.
This is not the first time that a top civil servant has been abruptly transferred.
Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) special operations division director Bahri Mohd Zin and strategic communications director Rohaizad Yaakob were also slapped with transfer orders to the Prime Minister’s Department.
The transfer, which drew flak, was later cancelled.